Job Title: House Manager
59E59 Theaters is seeking a new House Manager for its three theaters in East Midtown. Through its high level of customer service for more than a decade, 59E59 has created a cordial and relaxing atmosphere for its Members and Patrons alike.
Through warm hospitality, clear and friendly communication and an assured manner, the House Manager will host both theatergoers and performing artists in a professional and welcoming environment.
- Manage Front of House operations for 3 theater spaces Hire, schedule and supervise all FOH staff and Ushers Train usher staff in implementation and documentation of all customer service procedures, evacuation, medical & life safety issues as they relate to patrons.
- Coordinate with production companies to maintain daily show operations (i.e. to ensure that all three spaces open on time, the performance begins on time, late seating is on schedule and intermissions stay within the requested time frame).
- Prepare nightly house reports as well as maintain fire log and incident reports.
- Plan and coordinate special events for visiting companies or 59E59 departments.
- Assist the E:Bar Manager in managing some administrative duties regarding the E:Bar.
- Assist the Box Office in troubleshooting all ticket problems and costumer complaints.
- Communicate daily house repairs, safety concerns, and facility issues to technical & facility staff.
- Will be required to obtain FDNY Certificates of Fitness for Fire Drill Coordinator and Fire Guard, as well as Health Department Certification to assist at the E:Bar.
Full-time position, evenings and weekends, salary and benefits.
Please email cover letter, resume, salary expectation and references to Brian Beirne, Managing Director, email@example.com.
59E59 Theaters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about 59E59 Theaters, please visit our website at www.59e59.org.