Theater Manager - Front of House
This position is a temporary replacement for a maternity leave - October 9 through January 13.
59E59 Theaters is seeking a new Theater Manager for its three theaters in East Midtown. Through its high level of customer service for more than a decade, 59E59 has created a cordial and relaxing atmosphere for its Members and Patrons alike.
Through warm hospitality, clear and friendly communication and an assured manner, the Theater Manager will host both theatergoers and performing artists in a professional and welcoming environment. Duties include:
- Manage Front of House operations for 3 theater spaces (196, 98 and 50 seats)
- Hire, schedule and supervise all FOH staff and Ushers
- Train usher staff in implementation and documentation of all customer service procedures, evacuation, medical & life safety issues as they relate to patrons.
- Coordinate with production companies to maintain daily show operations (i.e. to ensure that all three spaces open on time, the performance begins on time, late seating is on schedule and intermissions stay within the requested time frame).
- Prepare nightly house reports as well as maintain fire log and incident reports.
- Plan and coordinate special events for visiting companies or 59E59 departments.
- Assist the Box Office in troubleshooting all ticket problems and costumer complaints.
- Communicate daily house repairs, safety concerns, and facility issues to technical & facility staff.
- Will be required to obtain FDNY Certificates of Fitness for Fire Drill Coordinator and Fire Guard, as well as Health Department Certification to assist at the E:Bar.
Full-time position, evenings and weekends, weekly salary. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
October 9, 2018 - January 13, 2019
865 / wk
Box Office Associate
59E59 Theaters seeks a seasonal part-time Box Office Associate for a busy nonprofit Off-Broadway rental/presenting three-theater complex in midtown.
Duties include, but are not limited to, in-person and telephone ticket sales, distributing tickets at will call, processing email ticket orders through Audience View, and providing exceptional customer service to theater Members and Subscribers, single ticket buyers and visiting theater companies.
A strong performing-arts background, cash-handling and customer service experience is required. Performing-arts box office experience is preferred, particularly with computerized ticketing systems and window sales. Experience in Goggle Drive (Docs/Sheets/Forms) is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, meticulous, aggressively punctual, even-tempered, kind, good-humored, professional in appearance and clear in both spoken and written communication. General availability for weekday, weekend, and evening shifts through the summer is strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter (in body of email) and resume (only PDF attachments) including 2-3 work references to email@example.com, with your full name/Box Office Associate in the subject line. Only those considered to be good candidates for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.