Box Office Associate/Front Desk
59E59 Theaters seeks a part-time Box Office Associate for reception and ticket sales for a busy nonprofit Off-Broadway rental/presenting three-theater complex in midtown.
This position requires commitment to a fixed schedule of weekday mornings and early afternoons, 26 hours/week with the potential to add occasional evening or weekend shifts as needed. Duties include, but are not limited to, answering phones and directing calls, receiving deliveries, sorting mail, assisting customers, staff and visiting companies, ticket sales, and other box office tasks.
A performing-arts background and customer service experience is required. An established work history which demonstrates increased responsibility and box office experience with computerized ticketing systems is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, meticulous, aggressively punctual, even-tempered, familiar with PCs, Microsoft Office software and web browsers, professional in appearance, and clear in both spoken and written communication. Candidate must be capable of walking multiple flights of stairs and lifting up to 20 lbs. unassisted.
Qualified candidates should email a brief cover letter (in body of email) and resume (as a Word or PDF attachment) including 2-3 work references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name and Box Office Associate/Front Desk in the subject line. Only those considered to be good candidates for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Starting wage: $12.50/hour
59E59 Theaters is seeking a Marketing Associate. 59E59 Theaters is a not-for-profit theatrical complex which owns and occupies the building at 59 East 59th Street in New York City. The building contains three performing spaces of 196 seats, 98 seats and a flexible black box space of 49-65 seats.
The Theater opened in 2004 and is endowed by its parent The Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation. In accordance with its mission, the Theater curates the presentation of American and international theatrical works new to New York City produced by not-for-profit companies. The Theater presents about 36 plays per year, divided into 4 quarterly seasons. As an important part of its service, 59E59 Theaters provides all marketing and communications services to the theater companies that perform there.
The Marketing Associate reports to the Director of Marketing while working closely with the Executive Producer. The position acts as the primary point person for day-to-day interaction between visiting companies and the Marketing department. The Marketing Associate manages the needs of the department towards continuing to advance the theater’s mission and reputation for excellence.
Job duties include:
- Act as a point of contact to visiting and prospective companies in:
- Communicating specific details of presenting at 59E59 Theaters and the press and marketing package offered.
- Requesting, receiving and collating of company marketing materials
- Facilitate the creation of the season E:Bulletin (brochure) by:
- Collating all materials from companies
- Fact-checking across departments
- Proofreading final copy
- Responsible for obtaining content for the production of E:Bills (play bills), including:
- Requesting and collating all materials from companies
- Editing copy and seeking clarifications/amendments
- Proofing the final document
- With the Marketing Director, develop digital marketing strategy, including social media planning for the 59E59 Brand and on a production-by-production basis
- Oversee content on 59E59.org; keeping information current
- With Director of Marketing, measure success of campaigns
- Meet and greet press duties on behalf of 59E59 Theaters
- Assisting the Executive Producer:
- Assist with scheduling artistic meetings for the Executive Producer both in the US and abroad.
- Handling phone and email correspondence on behalf of the Executive Producer.
We seek a creative, motivated, arts administration professional with an interest in marketing to join our team, to continue building our multi-channel marketing campaigns in a fast paced environment. The position will have a focus on email and social media marketing. Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Candidate should have knowledge of marketing and of regional or Off Broadway theaters, particularly in the not-for-profit environment. Experience with HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, and Dream Weaver a plus. Bachelor’s degree required.
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary expectation and references to email@example.com.
59E59 Theaters is an Equal Opportunity Employer.