59E59 Theaters is seeking a Marketing Associate. 59E59 Theaters is a not-for-profit theatrical complex which owns and occupies the building at 59 East 59th Street in New York City. The building contains three performing spaces of 196 seats, 98 seats and a flexible black box space of 49-65 seats. The Theater opened in 2004 and is endowed by its parent The Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation. In accordance with its mission, the Theater curates the presentation of American and international theatrical works new to New York City produced by not-for-profit companies. The Theater presents about 36 plays per year, divided into 4 quarterly seasons. As an important part of its service, 59E59 Theaters provides all marketing and communications services to the theater companies that perform there.
The Marketing Associate reports to the Director of Marketing while working closely with the Executive Producer. The position acts as the primary point person for day-to-day interaction between visiting companies and the Marketing department. The Marketing Associate manages the needs of the department towards continuing to advance the theater’s mission and reputation for excellence.
Job duties include:
Act as a point of contact to visiting and prospective companies in:
- Communicating specific details of presenting at 59E59 Theaters and the press and marketing package offered.
- Requesting, receiving and collating of company marketing materials
Facilitate the creation of the season E:Bulletin (brochure) by:
- Collating all materials from companies
- Fact-checking across departments
- Proofreading final copy
Responsible for obtaining content for the production of E:Bills (play bills), including:
- Requesting and collating all materials from companies
- Editing copy and seeking clarifications/amendments
- Proofing the final document
With the Marketing Director, develop digital marketing strategy, including social media planning for the 59E59 Brand and on a production-by-production basis:
- Oversee content on 59E59.org; keeping information current
- With Director of Marketing, measure success of campaigns
- Meet and greet press duties on behalf of 59E59 Theaters
Assisting the Executive Producer:
- Assist with scheduling artistic meetings for the Executive Producer both in the US and abroad.
- Handling phone and email correspondence on behalf of the Executive Producer.
We seek a creative, motivated, arts administration professional with an interest in marketing to join our team, to continue building our multi-channel marketing campaigns in a fast paced environment. The position will have a focus on email and social media marketing. Must be detail oriented and highly organized. Candidate should have knowledge of marketing and of regional or Off Broadway theaters, particularly in the not-for-profit environment. Experience with HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, and Dream Weaver a plus. Bachelor’s degree required.
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full time position with benefits.
59E59 Theaters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about 59E59 Theaters, please visit our website at http://www.59e59.org
MEMBERSHIP AND AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
59E59 Theaters is a not-for-profit theatrical complex which owns and occupies the building at 59 East 59th Street in New York City. The building contains three performing spaces of 196 seats, 98 seats and a flexible black box space of 49-65 seats. The Theater opened in 2004 and is endowed by its parent The Elysabeth Kleinhans Theatrical Foundation.
In accordance with its mission, the Theater curates the presentation of American and international theatrical works new to New York City produced by not-for-profit companies. The Theater presents about 36 plays per year, divided into 4 quarterly seasons. The Theater is supported by more than 3,000 Members and Theater A Season Subscribers.
The Membership and Audience Development Manager will report to the Director of Ticketing Services and will work closely with the Director of Marketing in continuing to advance the theater¹s mission and reputation for excellence.
The Membership and Audience Development Manager is responsible for 59E59 Theaters¹ Membership program and development of relationships with new audiences.
Duties will include:
Membership Program Management
- Process fulfillment for new and renewing membership
- Develop and implement programs to attract new members and renew existing members
- Develop and implement programs and events for members Audience Development Management
- Creating and maintaining mailings lists (both electronic and postal)
- Acquire and develop targeted mailing lists for each production
- Develop lists of outside institutions, agencies or groups for each production
- Develop reports tracking the efficiency of mailings Marketing
- Creating member mailings and e-blasts to promote current and upcoming shows, special deals and special events.
- Experience using Audience View ticketing software or other computerized ticketing system
- Experience with HTML programming and email marketing programs (Constant Contact, Emma)
- Administrative or box office sales experience in a performing arts environment
- Knowledge of and passion for theater
Full time position with benefits.
Please email cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com
59E59 Theaters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information about 59E59 Theaters, please visit our website at http://www.59e59.org.
59E59 Theaters is seeking a Marketing Intern for the fall 2015 semester. 59E59 is an Off-Broadway theater complex with three spaces, presenting more than 36 productions each year from companies in New York, across the country, and around the world. Every show at 59E59 is a New York premiere, so this is an outstanding opportunity for those interested in new work.
The intern will be given an opportunity for hands-on learning over the course of the semester. Upon successful completion of the internship, candidates should possess knowledge and practical, real-world skills on how to market Off-Broadway theater in New York City.
The intern will have the opportunity to meet and work with other departments in the theater and learn more about their areas of interest. You can find more information at www.59e59.org.
The Marketing Intern will report to the Director of Marketing and work with the department staff of three to create and execute marketing strategies.
Responsibilities will include:
-Participating in ad planning meetings
-Assisting with the planning and execution of multi-channel social media content
-Proofreading all marketing collateral
-Researching marketing outreach opportunities
-Creating press packets
-Organizing press clippings for each show
-Participating in creating and facilitating a multi-channel marketing and communications strategy
-Other duties as assigned
Applicant should be a current college student with an interest in the performing arts or marketing. Previous office experience preferred. Knowledge of Outlook, Google Apps, and all major social media platforms required. Familiarity with Photoshop and basic HTML a plus.
The internship will run approximately September –December, approximately 18-24 hours per week (start and end dates, and weekly schedule are flexible). The position will also be asked to assist with periodic evening/weekend performances and events.
The internship is unpaid, but a travel stipend will be provided. 59E59 is able to shape the internship experience to ensure academic credit requirements are met. Interns will receive tickets to all 59E59 productions.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample and availability to Daniel Rech at firstname.lastname@example.org.